Inspired by classic written works of sci-fi horror, as well as space horror films of the '70s, '80s, and '90s, ALL MUST BOW is a TTRPG setting designed not from the perspective of the triumphant investigator or hapless stumbler turned hero, but from the view of the villain. As champions and scions of ageless god-monsters that exist behind the curtain of space and time, the player-characters suborn, consume, pollute, and bring ruin to worlds across the unfortunate universe. Bloated with unclean power, yet faced with the dissolution of all existence, will you continue to serve as everything falls apart? Or will you perish in a futile attempt to defy your masters?
We present a game for players and storytellers who want to explode the old familiar sci-fi tropes and explore villainy on a cosmic scale at the same time. Designed with rules-light systems in mind but adaptable to crunchier rulesets, AMB attempts to blur the line between player and Storyteller by creating a group-built universe with narrative-focused play.
In other words...
- Play as the champion of an ancient evil presence from beyond time and space!
- Fight against an entropic universe as you attempt to spread your cosmic overlord's will!
- Form tentative alliances with the scions of other alien horrors to complete your dreadful work!
- Set yourself adrift in a limitless space opera landscape or narrow your focus to a single alien planet or space station!
- You design your Dreadful Ancient Thing, your species, your homeworld, and your champion in vivid detail!
Inside you'll find:
- 70 page, black and white (save for the cover) 5.5" X 8.5" zine
- Full-page chapter illustrations with additional spot illustrations throughout
- Story-forward character creation process - Help build the world you play in from the start!
- Three fully fleshed out example species and six Dreadful Ancient Things to use as you wish
- Guidance on how to partner AMB with many popular rules systems including Fate Core, Mothership, Genesys, 5th Edition D&D, PbtA, and more!
- Structures for both solo-play and single-storyteller-single-player play